EMAIL [email protected] IF YOU WANT TO INQUIRE ABOUT INSTITUTIONAL SUBSCRIPTIONS TO OUR ONLINE CME COURSE AND HPC PROCEDURE VIDEO BUNDLE PACKAGE!
The Hospitalist and Emergency Procedures CME course is an Internet CME curriculum that will provide current, evidence-based information about the 20 most common bedside procedures performed in the emergency room, intensive care unit, and hospital wards. The Online CME course was completely updated in 2019 and is comprised of 19 online modules that will cover the indications, contraindications, techniques, complications, fluid analysis, and coding of these procedures. Topics covered include:
- Informed consent
- Procedural sedation
- Central line placement – ultrasound-guided and landmark-guided
- Intraosseous line placement
- Ultrasound-guided peripheral IV placement
- Ultrasound-guided arterial line placement
- Point-of-care ultrasound including E-FAST and RUSH exams
- Mechanical ventilation
- Needle thoracostomy
- Basic suturing
- Tube thoracostomy including wire-directed pigtail catheter placement
- Ultrasound-guided thoracentesis
- Lumbar puncture
- Ultrasound-guided paracentesis
- Endotracheal intubation
- Video laryngoscopy intubations
- Stylet-guided intubations
- Laryngeal mask airway placement
- King tube placement
- Performing procedures in patients with thrombocytopenia, cirrhosis or who are on anticoagulation or antiplatelets
The Online Course subscription includes complimentary access to the HPC Procedure Video bundle which includes 27 high quality videos that are narrated and demonstrate step-by-step technique on how to perform hospital procedures. These majority of the videos are procedures performed on actual patients. Clinical pearls and common pitfalls associated with hospital based procedures are discussed in detail. The videos are not downloadable but may be accessed indefinitely by internet from any computer, smart phone, or tablet.
Our course teaches you not only how to perform these procedures, but also will teach you how to optimize clinical management using data collected from these various procedures. For example, we will teach you how to analyze CSF, pleural, and ascitic fluid, how to use ultrasound to assess a patient’s hemodynamic profile, and the basics of ventilator management. Additionally, you will have access to a bonus module from 2022 on how to perform procedures in patients with thrombocytopenia, cirrhosis or who are on anticoagulation or antiplatelets.
Planned updates every 12 months will cover any updates in procedural medicine and keep the learner up to date as new techniques and recommendations arise.
Included with the purchase of this product is the indefinite access to our complete HPC Procedure Video Bundle which contains 27 full-length narrated videos of the most common bedside procedures essential for working in the ER, ICU, and hospital wards. $165 package value complimentary with purchase! Additionally, you will receive complimentary with this product the following:
- PDFs of all the lectures
- An airway management handout that summarizes all aspects of airway management
- A primer on Point-of-care ultrasound exams including an introduction to ultrasound probes and a review of the RUSH exam, E-FAST exam and ultrasound-guided vascular access
- Access to the HPC Adult Critical Care and Emergency Drug Reference Card
- A new bonus lecture about safely performing bedside procedures in patients with thrombocytopenia, coagulopathy, cirrhosis or who are anticoagulated
All sales are final for this online CME course.
Joint Accreditation Statement