This product is not available at this website. Click Here to purchase product
EVERY TOPIC UPDATED!
Today’s best practices in your pocket!
Book with Guidelines for more than sixty common outpatient conditions – drawn from the most authoritative sources
- The most current screening, prevention, and management guidelines — from government agencies, medical and scientific organizations, and expert panels
- Easy-to-follow guideline-based algorithms simplify clinical decision making
- Spans all areas of general medicine
- Website addresses for U.S. government agencies and professional societies
- Updated immunization schedules for all age groups
- Updated evidence-based content
- More than thirty new topics
- Essential for residents and practicing physicians in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and obstetrics and gynecology; medical and nursing students; registered nurses; nurse practitioners; and physician assistant
Table of Contents
A Report Card on U.S. Health Care Delivery; Preface; Abbreviations List; Part 1. Disease Screening; Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm; Alcohol Abuse & Dependence; Anemia; Attention-Getting/Hyperactivity Disorder; Cancer; Carotid Artery Stenosis; Chlamydial Infection; Cholesterol & Lipid Disorders; Coronary Artery Disease; Dementia; Depression; Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip; Diabetes Mellitus; Falls in the Elderly; Family Violence & Abuse; Gonorrhea, Asymptomatic Infection; Hearing Impairment; Hemochromatosis; Hepatitis B Virus; Hepatitis C Virus; Herpes Simplex, Genital; Human Immunodeficiency Virus; Hypertension; Kidney Disease, Chronic; Lead Poisoning; Obesity; Osteoporosis; Speech & Language Delay; Syphilis; Thyroid Disease; Tobacco Use; Tuberculosis, Latent; Visual Impairment, Glaucoma, or Cataract; Part 2. Disease Prevention; Primary Prevention of Cancer: NCI Evidence Summary; Diabetes, Type 2; Endocarditis; Falls in the Elderly; Hypertension; Myocardial Infarction; Osteoporotic Hip Fracture; Stroke; Part 3. Disease Management; Alcohol Dependence; Asthma; Atrial Fibrulation; Cancer Survivorship; Carotid Artery Stenosis; Cataract in Adults; Cholesterol & Lipid Management; COPD Management; Coronary Artery Disease; Depression; Diabetes Mellitus; Heart Failure; Hypertension; Metabolic Syndrome; Obesity Management; Osteoporosis Management; Palliative & End-of-Life Care; Pap Smear Abnormalities; Perioperative Cardiovascular Evaluation; Perioperative Pulmonary Assessment; Pneumonia, Community-Acquired; Pregnancy; Tobacco Cessation; Upper Respiratory Tract Infection; Urinary Tract Infections in Women; Appendices; Appendix I: Screening Instruments; Appendix II: Functional Assessment Screening in the Elderly; Appendix III: Screening and Prevention Guidelines in Perspective; Appendix IV: 95th Percentile of Blood Pressure; Appendix V: Body Mass Index Conversion Table; Appendix VI: Cardiac Risk–Framingham Study; Appendix VII: Estimate of 10-Year Stroke Risk; Appendix VIII: Immunization Schedules; Appendix IX: Professional Societies & Governmental Agencies Acronyms & Internet Sites; Index