Did you know?
- The names of some of the approach procedures that all aircraft follow into their arrival at Orlando International Airport are named CWRLD ONE, COSTR ONE, PIGLT ONE, MINEE TWO and GOOFY FIVE. Any pilot that flies into there can confirm this.
- Gatorade was named for the University of Florida Gators where it was first developed.
- Flamingos get their pink color from the shrimp they eat. The more shrimp they eat the deeper pink they become.
- There are 13,983,816 ways to combine six of those bouncing Florida lottery balls.
- More than 100 episodes of Sea Hunt starring Lloyd Bridges were filmed at Silver Springs between 1958 and 1961.
- A crypt in Key West is inscribed “I told you I was sick.”
- The Everglades National Park encompasses 2,100 square miles and contains the largest mangrove forest and the slowest moving river in the world.
- Florida is not the southernmost state in the United States. Hawaii is farther south.
- The actress, Delta Burke, represented Orlando and became Miss Florida in 1974.
- Stephen Foster, who wrote “Old Folks at Home,” Florida’s state song, never even saw the Suwannee River, nor did he ever step foot in Florida.
- An average annual commercial harvest of Apalachicola Bay oysters produces enough meat to cover a football field three deep.
- Once a year, thousands of Floridians stand at the state line and toss dead fish into Alabama. It’s the annual Mullet Toss hosted by Flora-Bama Beach Bar in Pensacola. It’s just “a silly excuse for a huge beach party.”
- There is a bed & breakfast, WildLife on Easy Street, on the outskirts of Tampa that allows you to cuddle with an endangered cat of your choice for just a $100 donation to the refuge. You can choose baby bobcats, cougars, and leopards.
Florida is the sunshine state, and February boasts an average high temperature of 74 degrees in the day, 54 degrees low. Perfect for enjoying all that Orlando has to offer!
What to do?
The Crown Plaza Orlando Universal is located on Universal Boulevard, just a quick walk from Orlando’s world renowned International Drive. They also run a complimentary shuttle serviced to amusement parks, shopping, etc. There’s a pool, hot tub, business and fitness center all on property!
I – Drive offers…
- 6 of the World’s Greatest Theme Parks… SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, Aquatica SeaWorld’s Waterpark, Wet ‘n Wild, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure!
- 485+ Designer, Brand-Name and Outlet Stores!
- 150+ Spectacular Restaurants!
- 3 Entertainment Complexes and 3 Stadium-Style Movie Cinemas!
- The Nation’s 2nd Largest Convention Center!
With more than 150 restaurants in the area, where do I dine?
Or something different…
- The Outta Control Magic Family Comedy Dinner Show combines a mixture of high-energy comedy improvisation with spectacular magic and audience participation to thoroughly entertain all ages. Visitors to the show will be served unlimited hand-tossed pizza, salad, popcorn, dessert, beer, wine and soft drinks. Shows are presented nightly at 6:00 and 8:00 pm. Voted Best Dinner Show on the Orlando Wesh 2 A-List! http://www.wonderworksonline.com/orlando/experience/outta-control-magic-comedy-dinner-show/
What if I overindulge? Get in a great workout in the Crowne Plaza’s fitness room featuring the latest equipment, flat panel television and ample his and hers locker rooms.
All these amenities and it’s green?
You’ll rest easy knowing that your vacation is environmentally conscious as well. Our Orlando, Florida